You will need note-taking materials, pens or pencils. If voice recording helps you can use that as well.
All Level 1 and Level 2 courses will be held at the Paseo Vista Recreation Area park at the archery range.
3850 South McQueen Road, Chandler, AZ
Level 1 Instructor - A Level 1 Instructor is most closely associated with a "grassroots" program that is short-term in scope and focused on introducing basic archery skills to beginners. Such programs would include: camps, Scouting, 4-H, and Parks and Recreation.
- Course content: Range safety, range set-up, basic equipment setup and repair, and how to teach the basic steps of shooting.
- Length of Course: Saturday Only - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Prerequisites**: Minimum age: 15
- Course Cost: $150.00
- Certification period: Three years
- Any Level 1 Instructor who wants individual insurance coverage will need to become a member of USA Archery, complete a background check and take the Safe Sport Class (online free class)
Level 2 Instructor - A Level 2 Instructor works with a more established archery program such as J.O.A.D., A.S.A.P., college clubs and local clubs with a strong beginner component. ALL JOAD Clubs must have at least one Level 2 Instructor. Level 2 Instructors are also certified to teach Level 1 courses. Current Level 2 Instructors with a successful background screen are eligible for insurance benefits. IMPORTANT: You do not have to be a Level 1 Instructor to take the Level 2 class, but you should have a least 1 year of archery experience
- Course Content: Basic shooting steps, introduce National Training System (NTS) shooting steps, safety, range set-up; equipment setup, fitting equipment to an archer, how to teach archery and how to teach a Level 1Instructor Course.
- Length of Course: Saturday & Sunday - 9:00am to 5:00pm each day
- Prerequisites: Minimum age: 18, USA Archery or NFAA membership, Successful background screen and pass SafeSport Course.
- Course Cost: $200.00
- Certification period: Three years.
- Level 1 Certification not required: You do not need to have a Level 1 Instructor certification to take this class. You do need to have basic archery knowledge and experience. There will be an entry exam at the beginning of class for all archers.
- Please note: No certification will be processed without USA Archery membership, a successful background screen and take the free online Safe Sport Class. You can do both of these before the class by going to the USA Archery web site. (Background screen must be done through the USA Archery Screening program. Past back ground screening cannot be used).
If you are signing up for the Level 2-NTS class, you must bring a copy of your USA Archery or NFAA Membership Card to the class. If you are not a member of either organization, you will need to join one before you can be certified.